Supplementing Yeast Products Supports Rumen Efficiency & Health
Yeasts are naturally occurring organisms that have been used for thousands of years in humans and over a hundred years in animal feeds. Yeast ingredients benefit animal health in a variety of areas including digestion and immune support.
There are many forms of yeast derived feed ingredients that offer positive benefits for digestion, digestive health and immune support that help overall health and productivity in livestock diets.
- Live yeasts
- Aid in gut microbiome balance and improved feed efficiency
- Whole cell inactivated yeasts
- Includes hydrolyzed yeasts that are a readily available source of protein in animals
- Enriched inactivated yeasts
- Selenium yeast is one of the most common and provide a highly absorbed source of the antioxidant selenium
- Yeast Cell Wall
- A by-product of hydrolyzed yeast that has been found to help maintain normal digestive health, support the immune system and adsorb certain mycotoxins
- Yeast Extracts
- A water-soluble by-product of yeast cell wall production that contains a high level of protein, a wide range of B vitamins and key minerals for nutritional support
Each of the yeast forms above provide their own specific benefits that impact animal health and performance. These include daily fed benefits and at other times where environmental and other stressors impact the animal.
LIRA GOLD® Products Incorporate Yeasts To Drive Health & Performance
Many LIRA GOLD products incorporate individual and multiple yeast sources that are tailored to the specific needs of the livestock you are raising. Yeast ingredients benefit animal health in a variety of ways and are an important supplement in a healthy animal’s diet.
The LIRA GOLD products on this page, like LIRA GOLD Original, contain yeast ingredients, including active dry yeast, inactivated yeast, yeast cell wall, brewer’s dried yeast and selenium yeast to help your animals grow and produce their best.